Sunday, February 8, 2015

How many times a day do you use a squeegee?

So, how many times a day do you use a squeegee? Maybe a couple of times a month on your car windshield, maybe every week or so if your shower has a glass door. The squeegee has become an essential part of my everyday life in Finland.

 I am beginning to think that I should tally up the number of times this semester that I use one, because it would probably be a comically large number. My bathroom in my adorable little apartment is quite small which wouldn't seem like an issue, BUT there is no separation between the shower and the rest of the bathroom. Every time I take a shower, water gets everywhere. The only solution? Squeege the floor a couple of times after after shower, after hanging clothes up to dry, after using the washing machine, and at other random times when the need arises, like when water mysteriously comes out of the bottom of washing machine...

Freaking out about the water on the floor
And about my washing machine. I think I'm a little bit afraid of it. Upon starting a load of laundry yesterday, water began streaming out from under the machine. Panicked, I turned it off and made sure the water line was connected properly. It was. I finally decided that I couldn't be afraid of my washing machine for long because, well, I needed to wash clothes. The solution? Run the cycle, let the water mysteriously make puddles in the little bathroom, and, you guessed it, squeegee.
Washing machines shouldn't do that...

No comments:

Post a Comment